Word 2007: How to insert page numbers in word starting from page 3?
In Word 2007:
1. Click at the top of the first page you want numbered.
2. Click the Page Layout tab on the Ribbon.
3. Click the Breaks icon in the Page Setup group.
4. Insert a Next Page type section break.
5. Click on the Insert tab on the Ribbon.
6. Click the Header icon and select Edit Header.
7. Deselect Link To Previous in the Design tab that appeared on the Ribbon.
8. Go back to the Insert tab and repeat Steps 5 to 7 for the Footer.
9. If there's a page number in the header or footer for the first section, delete it.
10. Go into the second section.
11. On the Design tab again, click the Page Number icon
12. Click Format Page Numbers.
13. If you want the first section’s page numbers to count but not show, click Continuous.
14. Or, if you want the page numbering to start at one, click Start At. A 1 should show up in the list box adjacent to it.
15. Click OK.
16. Click OK to actually insert the page number.